Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use
(Updated May 2018)
Thanks for choosing to work with Ticadoc Pte Ltd and its related entities including The International Certification Company Pty Ltd (“Ticadoc”, “we”, “us”, “our”). By registering or otherwise using the Ticadoc service, website, and software applications (together, the “Ticadoc Service” or “Service”), or accessing any content or material that is made available by Ticadoc through the Service (the “Content”) or by providing information to us as part of any Medi-Secure-Safe program, you (including any organisation, Company, partnership or other legal entity that you are representing in your use of the Service) are entering into a binding contract with Ticadoc.
2. CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENTS
Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the Agreements. When we make material changes to the Agreements, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email. Your continued use of the Service after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us using the details below.
Care has been taken to ensure that content authored by Ticadoc and shown on our site is accurate. However, some of the content is not authored by Ticadoc and originates from third parties, including the data and information used by Ticadoc to review potential participants in the Medi-Secure-Safe programs (see section 4 & 5 below). We do not promise or represent that any such third party content or data is accurate or free from errors or omissions and we reserve the right to make any necessary corrections in the event that errors are brought to our attention.
Ticadoc does not necessarily endorse the views of any third party provided content or User generated Content.
4. USER-GENERATED CONTENT
Ticadoc users may post, upload, and/or contribute (“post”) content to the Service (which may include, for example, pictures, text, messages, information, and/or other types of content) (“User Content”).
You promise that, with respect to any User Content you post on Ticadoc, (1) you have the right to post such User Content, and (2) such User Content, or its use by Ticadoc as contemplated by the Agreements, does not violate the Agreements, applicable law, or the intellectual property (including without limitation copyright), publicity, personality, or other rights of others.
Ticadoc may, but has no obligation to, monitor, review, or edit User Content. In all cases, Ticadoc reserves the right to remove or disable access to any User Content for any or no reason, including but not limited to, User Content that, in Ticadocs sole discretion, violates the Agreements. Ticadoc may take these actions without prior notification to you or any third party. Removal or disabling of access to User Content shall be at our sole discretion, and we do not promise to remove or disable access to any specific User Content.
You are solely responsible for all User Content that you post. Ticadoc is not responsible for User Content nor does it endorse any opinion contained in any User Content.
YOU AGREE THAT IF ANYONE BRINGS A CLAIM AGAINST TICADOC RELATED TO USER CONTENT THAT YOU POST OR HAVE PROVIDED TO TICADOC, THEN, TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER LOCAL LAW, YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD TICADOC HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES AND COSTS) ARISING OUT OF SUCH CLAIM.
5. PARTICIPANT GENERATED INFORMATION & CONTENT RELATING TO HOTELS, HOSPITALS, CLINICS, AIRLINES, MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS & OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS
Ticadoc Medi-Secure-Safe program participants provide data and information (“Participant Generated Information”) to Ticadoc that is used as the basis of their participation in the Medi-Secure-Safe program.
You warrant that, with respect to any Participant Generated Information that you provide to Ticadoc; (1) you have the right to provide such Participant Generated Information and are duly authorised by your organisation to provide such information; (2) such Participant Generated Information, or its use by Ticadoc as contemplated by the Agreements, does not violate the Agreements, applicable law, or the intellectual property (including without limitation copyright), publicity, personality, or other rights of others; and, (3) is accurate and correct and that no material omissions have been made or misleading data has been provided.
Ticadoc may, but has no obligation to, monitor, review, or edit Participant Generated Information and will at all times rely upon the participants assertion that all information provided to Ticadoc is true and correct.
Each participant is solely responsible for any and all Participant Generated Content that they provide. Ticadoc is not responsible for the accuracy of Participant Provided Content nor does it endorse any opinion contained in any Participant Generated Content or warrant the accuracy of the data provided to Ticadoc.
YOU AGREE THAT IF ANYONE BRINGS A CLAIM AGAINST TICADOC RELATED TO PARTICIPANT GENERATED INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO TICADOC, THEN, TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER LOCAL LAW, YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD TICADOC HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES AND COSTS) ARISING OUT OF SUCH CLAIM.
6. ABOUT THE MEDI-SECURE-SAFE PROGRAMS
For a hotel or medical facility to participate in any of the Medi-Secure-Safe programs they must have in place industry best practice systems, processes, and procedures. Each hotel will have a different approach to how they service Medical or disabled Travelers and will offer a different set of services to Medical Travelers. Each Medical Facility will also have in place different procedures and processes and national laws will mean that they have different requirements with regards to items such as staff qualifications and fire safety.
A hotels medical or first aid support is never a substitute for a Hospital or Medical Clinic.
Participants in the Medi-Secure-Safe programs complete a set of multi-stage, self assessment questionnaires and information requests with the answers and content reviewed and, where necessary, challenged by Ticadoc’s certification team. A Ticadoc team member may not necessarily conduct an on-site review.
The accuracy of the information supplied is warranted by the program participant and Ticadoc relies upon the representations and assertions made by the program participants when providing, displaying or referring to information regarding the Medi-Secure-Safe program participant on the Ticadoc Services.
Ticadoc is not responsible for the accuracy of Participant Provided Content nor does it warrant the accuracy of the data provided to Ticadoc.
7. RIGHTS YOU GRANT US
In consideration for the rights granted to you under the Agreements, you grant us the right (1) to allow the Ticadoc Service to use the processor, bandwidth, and storage hardware on your Device in order to facilitate the operation of the Service, (2) to provide advertising and other information to you, and (3) to allow our business partners to do the same. In any part of the Ticadoc Service, the Content you view, including its selection and placement, may be influenced by commercial considerations, including agreements with third parties. Some Content licensed or provided to Ticadoc (e.g. videos) may contain advertising as part of the Content. In such cases, Ticadoc will make such Content available to you unmodified.
If you provide feedback, ideas or suggestions to Ticadoc in connection with the Ticadoc Service or Content (“Feedback”), you acknowledge that the Feedback is not confidential and you authorize Ticadoc to use that Feedback without restriction and without payment to you. Feedback is considered a type of User Content.
You grant Ticadoc a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, perpetual (or, in jurisdictions where this is not permitted, for a term equal to the duration of the Agreements plus twenty (20) years), irrevocable, fully paid, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, make available to the public (e.g. to display), publish, translate, modify, create derivative works from, and distribute any of your User Content in connection with the Service through any medium, whether alone or in combination with other content or materials, in any manner and by any means, method or technology, whether now known or hereafter created. Aside from the rights specifically granted herein, you retain ownership of all rights, including intellectual property rights, in the User Content. Where applicable and permitted under applicable law, you also agree to waive any “moral rights” (or the equivalent under applicable law) such as your right to be identified as the author of any User Content, including Feedback, and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such User Content.
8. UNACCEPTABLE APPLICATIONS
Ticadoc reserves the right to reject an application for Certification if, in its opinion (acting reasonably), the facility seeking Certification has not shown that it can meet the Certification criteria as determined by Ticadoc. In the event that your application for certification is not successful. We undertake to work with you to make you aware of any issues that are preventing your application for Certification from being successful and to let you know what actions you need to take to remedy any such issues. If an issue preventing certification is in the opinion of Ticadoc not resolvable in a reasonable period of time, Ticadoc will be unable to issue certification and will refund any application monies that have been paid (less bank charges).
9. SECURITY INFORMATION
You should note that credit card numbers will not be stored on the web site and will never be made publicly available. All financial information concerning any on-line payment you may make to Ticadoc is encrypted and can only be viewed by our third party payment facilitator. Your credit card details are never visible to the members of the Ticadoc team.
10. REFUND POLICY
We do not offer change of mind refunds.
11. GOODS AND SERVICES TAX
Any prices relating to a Ticadoc service or product are exclusive of any applicable Goods and Services Tax (GST).
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Singapore. In the event of a dispute you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TICADOC AND ALL OWNERS AND PROVIDERS OF THE CONTENT MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER TICADOC NOR ANY OWNER OR PROVIDER OF CONTENT WARRANTS THAT THE TICADOC SERVICE IS FREE OF MALWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IN ADDITION, TICADOC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION NOR DOES IT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT, USER CONTENT, PARTICIPANT GENERATED CONTENT OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE TICADOC SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TICADOC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY TRANSACTION, OR SUBSEQUENT EFFECTS OF A TRANSACTION, BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON OR THROUGH THE TICADOC SERVICE. AS WITH ANY PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION WHETHER ORAL OR IN WRITING OBTAINED BY YOU FROM TICADOC OR ITS SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY ON BEHALF OF TICADOC IN THIS REGARD.
In awarding the Medi-Secure-Safe Certification Ticadoc relies upon information and representations provided by the Facility being certified. Ticadoc does not take responsibility for any failure by a facility to carry out, enact, adhere to, implement or otherwise ensure that all the policies, procedures, training or other capabilities that the facility has represented are in place are actually in place and effective.
Ticadoc, its contractors, agents, or employees disclaim liability for any damages whatsoever (including special, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website whether in contract, at common law or in equity, or on any other basis, except to the extent that the damage is directly caused by fraud or wilful misconduct by Ticadoc.
SOME ASPECTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY IN SOME JURISDICTIONS IF PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE TICADOC SERVICE IS TO DEREGISTER FROM THE TICADOC SERVICES AND TO STOP USING THE TICADOC SERVICE. WHILE TICADOC ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD PARTY SERVICE OR PRODUCT PROVIDERS OR THE CONTENT SUPPLIED BY THEM, AND WHILE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS MAY BE GOVERNED BY SEPARATE AGREEMENTS WITH SUCH THIRD PARTIES, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, AS WITH RESPECT TO TICADOC, FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR THE CONTENT THEREOF, IS TO STOP USING THE TICADOC SERVICES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL TICADOC, ITS OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNEES, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR (1) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (2) ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT), IN ALL CASES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE TICADOC SERVICE, THIRD PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE SUPPLIERS, OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER TICADOC HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; OR (3) AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE TICADOC SERVICE, THIRD PARTY SERVICE AND PRODUCT PROVIDERS, OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT MORE THAN THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO TICADOC DURING THE PRIOR TWELVE MONTHS IN QUESTION, TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Nothing in the Agreements removes or limits Ticadocs’ liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence, and, if required by applicable law, gross negligence. Some aspects of this section may not apply in some jurisdictions if prohibited by applicable law.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
Other than as stated in this section or as explicitly agreed upon in writing between you and Ticadoc, the Agreements constitute all the terms and conditions agreed upon between you and Ticadoc and supersede any prior agreements in relation to the subject matter of these Agreements, whether written or oral.
Please note, however, that other aspects of your use of the Ticadoc Service may be governed by additional agreements. That could include, for example, participation in any Medi-Secure-Safe program. When you are presented with an additional service, you will be presented with any related additional agreement, and you will have an opportunity to agree to additional terms. To the extent that there is any irreconcilable conflict between any additional terms and these Terms, the additional terms shall prevail.
16. SEVERABILITY AND WAIVER
Unless as otherwise stated in the Agreements, should any provision of the Agreements be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason or to any extent, such invalidity or enforceability shall not in any manner affect or render invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions of the Agreements, and the application of that provision shall be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
Any failure by Ticadoc or any third party beneficiary to enforce the Agreements or any provision thereof shall not waive Ticadoc’s or the applicable third party beneficiary’s right to do so.
Ticadoc may assign the Agreements or any part of them, and Ticadoc may delegate any of its obligations under the Agreements. You may not assign the Agreements or any part of them, nor transfer your rights under the Agreements, to any third party.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold Ticadoc harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising out of: (1) your breach of this Agreement; (2) any User Content or Participant Generated Information; (3) any activity in which you engage in, on or through the Ticadoc Service; and (4) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
17. CLASS ACTION WAIVER
WHERE PERMITTED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AND TICADOC AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. Unless both you and Ticadoc agree, no arbitrator or judge may consolidate more than one person’s claims or otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
18. USER GUIDELINES
Ticadoc respects an individuals and a business’s right to have their reputation accurately and fairly represented and expects you to do the same. We’ve established a few ground rules for Users to follow when using the Service, to make sure Ticadoc remains an informative and respectful environment for everyone. Please follow these rules and encourage other users to do the same.
The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever:
- Posting deliberately false or defamatory content or content.;
- Using the Ticadoc Service to harass, bully or intimidate another User;
Please respect Ticadoc, the owners of the Content, and other users of the Ticadoc Service. Don’t engage in any activity, post any User Content, or register and/or use a username, which is or includes material that:
- is offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene;
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to violations of personal rights, intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or proprietary rights of Ticadoc or a third party;
- includes your password or purposely includes any other user’s password or purposely includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- includes malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user’s access to the Service;
- is intended to or does harass or bully other users;
- impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading;
- uses automated means to artificially promote content;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam (“spam”), junk mail, chain letters, or similar;
- involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes, that are not expressly authorized by Ticadoc;
- links to, references, or otherwise promotes commercial products or services, except as expressly authorized by Ticadoc;
- interferes with or in any way disrupts the Ticadoc Service, tampers with, breaches, or attempts to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the Service or Ticadocs computer systems, network, usage rules, or any of Ticadoc’s security components, authentication measures or any other protection measures applicable to the Service, the Content or any part thereof; or
- conflicts with the Agreements, as determined by Ticadoc.
You acknowledge and agree that posting any such User Content may result in immediate termination or suspension of your Ticadoc registration. You also agree that Ticadoc may also reclaim your username for any reason.
Please be thoughtful about how you use the Ticadoc Service and what content you author or share. The Ticadoc Service includes social and interactive features, including the ability to post User Generated content, share content, and make certain information about you public. Remember that shared or publicly available information may be used and re-shared by other users on Ticadoc or across the web, so please use Ticadoc carefully and be mindful of your account settings. Ticadoc has no responsibility for your choices to post material on the Service.
Your password protects your user account, and you are solely responsible for keeping your password confidential and secure. You understand that you are responsible for all use of your username and password on the Service. If your username or password is lost or stolen, or if you believe there has been unauthorized access to your account by third parties, please notify us immediately and change your password as soon as possible.
Disclosure and Warnings to people who view postings on Ticadoc:
- any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your personal health status, health or medical objectives and conditions, medical situation or needs and as such, before acting on any information, content or advice you should seek a professional health or medical opinion. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should be considered general in nature and is not be considered to be medical or health advice suitable for your particular situation.
- postings are at best general information, not professional medical or health advice prepared by taking into account your particular condition/s and circumstances.
- people making postings are individually responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of their postings, Ticadoc does not endorse, share or take responsibility for any opinion reflected in Third Party or User Generated content;
- because of the nature of the internet, it may be hard to identify or locate the person making a posting. The person may also be in an overseas jurisdiction, so it may be hard to take any legal action against them;
- it is advisable that you alert Ticadoc if you have good reason to suspect that any postings are materially inaccurate or are likely to mislead or deceive people who view or use the postings.
Disclosure and Warnings to people making postings on Ticadoc:
- you are personally responsible for your postings (including any alterations that you make to postings). Therefore, you should not include any defamatory, misleading or deceptive information in your postings and not carry out illegal or unauthorised activities using the Services. Information in postings may, where appropriate, be made available to third parties where required to comply with local laws and people acting on such information may take action against you;
- if you include hyper-links to other sites, you may be seen as endorsing the material on such sites. It may be advisable to you to warn people accessing other sites that you do not endorse or take responsibility for material in the hyper-linked sites;
- if you post any content that refers to a business or service you own or have some other interest in or a business or service that you might benefit from, you must disclose that fact when commenting.
- if Ticadoc finds or reasonably suspects that you are making inappropriate or unauthorised postings, your right to make postings will be withdrawn.
Welcome to Ticadoc!
Privacy and online safety are important to Ticadoc. We honour without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the personal and other data of the parties with whom we deal. We offer all clients and users the undertaking that we comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that are in effect from 25 May, 2018.
Ticadoc Pte Ltd and The International Certification Company Pty Ltd (Collectively “Ticadoc“, we or us) are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We are bound by the Singapore Privacy Principles under the The Personal Data Protection Act 2014, the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988(Cth) and for EU users, the EU General Data Protection Regulations (collectively ‘the Acts’) about how we handle your personal information.
The Data we collect depends on how our Services are used. Sometimes we receive Data directly, such as when you register for updates on our website, register for our Medi-Secure-Safe Certification or when you register to utilise the features of our website.
Other times, we may get Data by recording interactions with our Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies and web beacons. We also get Data from third parties, like our financial partners or identity verification services.
The collection and use of data from a variety of sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services – and to help keep the Services safe. Data is critical in helping us to increase the safety of Your online payments, and reduce the risk of fraud, money laundering and other harmful activity.
2. DATA WE COLLECT
We call Data that identifies, or that could reasonably be used to identify, You as an individual “Personal Data”. We collect Personal Data in different ways. For example, we collect Personal Data when a business registers for the Medi-Secure-Safe Certification, a User registers on the Ticadoc website, a Customer makes payments or a person responds to Ticadocs emails or surveys. We also receive Personal Data from other sources, such as our partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include Data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address;
- Financial and transaction Data, such as credit or debit card number, and bank account information; and
- Other Personal Data, such as date of birth, SSN or EIN, the type of health concerns that you have or treatments that you are seeking. This information is only collected when you explicitly provide it to us for the use of a Service.
If you are a health professional using our online directory we will collect information about you and your practice (for the online directory) and you and your occupation and qualifications.
Ticadoc uses social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to communicate with the public about its activities. Ticadoc may collect your personal information when you communicate with us by using these social networking services, and the social networking services will also handle your personal information for their own activities. These social networking sites have their own privacy policies.
We call Data other than Personal Data “Other Data”. We collect Other Data through a variety of sources. One of our sources for Other Data is cookies and other technologies that record Data about the use of our websites, websites that implement our Services, and the use of our Services generally. Other Data that we may collect includes:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services You are using;
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data; and
- Company data, such as a company’s legal structure, product and service offerings, jurisdiction, company records, and information submitted through the Medi-Secure-Safe Certification Application.
3. HOW WE USE DATA
We and our service providers use Personal Data to: (i) provide the Services; (ii) detect and prevent fraud; (iii) mitigate financial loss or other harm to Users and Customers; and (iv) promote, analyze and improve our products, systems, and tools. Examples of how we may use Personal Data include:
- To verify an identity for compliance purposes;
- To evaluate an application to use our Services;
- To conduct manual or systematic monitoring for fraud and other harmful activity;
- To respond to inquiries, send service notices and provide customer support;
- To provide a customer service;
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards;
- To develop new products;
- To send marketing communications;
- To target our advertising;
- To improve or modify our Services; and
- To conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business.
In addition, where permitted under the Acts, we may from time to time also collect, use or disclose your personal data to conduct market research, understand and analyse customer behaviour, location, preferences and demographics for us to inform you of relevant offers or to provide information about products and services as well as special offers which may be relevant to your preferences and profile.
If you have provided your Singapore or Australian telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via those telephone number(s), then from time to time, we may contact you using such telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services.
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE DATA.
Ticadoc does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share Your Personal Data with trusted third parties, including:
- To Ticadoc Affiliates.We share Data with entities worldwide that we control, are controlled by us, or are under our common control, to provide our Services. Ticadoc Pte Ltd. is the party responsible for overall management and use of the Data by these affiliated parties;
- To Ticadoc Service Providers.We share Data with service providers who help us provide the Services. Service providers help us with things like payment processing (i.e., banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, Medi-Secure-Safe Certification and auditing;
- To Third Parties.We will share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or equity (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- Safety, Legal Purposes and Law Enforcement.We use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside Your country of residence.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If You have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if You feel that the security of Your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
7. CHOICE, ACCESS AND YOUR RIGHTS OVER PERSONAL DATA THAT WE CONTROL
The Privacy Officer
55 Market St, #10-10
You may opt-out of receiving most e-mails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mails. Alternatively, you may contact us as described herein. If you are our customer, you may not be able to opt out of all emails, including certain administrative or billing communications which are important to the ongoing maintenance of your account.
We may keep your personal data for as long as reasonably required to meet the purposes described herein. Additionally, we will retain this information as required by law, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. RETENTION PERIOD.
9. USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
10. JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER.
In particular, if you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, you should forward a written complaint to our Privacy Officer.
We will respond in writing within 30 days of receipt of a complaint. If you are not satisfied with our decision, you can contact us to discuss your concerns.
If the complaint remains unresolved, you have the option of notifying the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) or the Personal Data Protection Commission – Singapore.
How to contact us:
- By letter: Privacy Officer, Ticadoc Pte Ltd, 55 Market Street #10-10 Singapore, 048941, Singapore.
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: +65 65213123
Data Privacy Addendum
If you are a customer who is subject to EU privacy laws, the Data Privacy Addendum as it may be updated from time to time adds to the obligations discussed in the rest of the Agreements between us with regard to personal data as defined by such laws.
This Data Privacy Addendum (DPA) amends the Agreement between Ticadoc Pte Ltd, The International Certification Company and You and addresses the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to data privacy under Applicable Law. We may update this DPA from time to time in our sole discretion; the current version is always found at http://ticadoc.com/tos
Capitalized terms which are not defined herein shall have the meaning provided in the Agreement. In addition, the following defined terms apply solely with respect to this DPA.
“Applicable Law” means any statute, regulation, executive order, and other rule or rules issued by a government office or agency that have binding legal force and are generally applicable to Personal Data or the provision of the Services with respect to Personal Data, including EU Regulation 2016/679 and the state and federal laws of Singapore and Australia.
“Personal Data” means any information about a natural person that is identified or identifiable to the natural person, either alone or in combination with other information, that Ticadoc will Process or have access to as part of providing the Services, including any such information that is created by means of the Services. Personal Data includes “personal data” as that term is defined under Applicable Law and explained in the Privacy Provision of this site.
“Process,” when used with respect to Personal Data, means: (i) to record, store, organize, structure, analyze query, modify, combine, encrypt, display, disclose, transmit, receive, render unusable, or destroy, by automated means or otherwise; (ii) to provide cloud or other remote technology services or platforms for applications or services that do any of the foregoing; and (iii) any other use or activity that is defined or understood to be processing under Applicable Law.
“Security Event” means any of the following: (i) unauthorized Processing or other use or disclosure of Personal Data; (ii) unauthorized access to or acquisition of Personal Data or the systems on which Personal Data is Processed; (ii) any significant corruption or loss of Personal Data that Ticadoc is unable to repair within a minimal period of time; (iii) any event that has or is reasonably likely to significantly disrupt the Processing of the Personal Data as part of the Services; and (iv) any material unsuccessful attempt to gain unauthorized access to, or to destroy or corrupt, the Personal Data, but not including any routine, unsuccessful events such as pings, port scans, blocked malware, failed log in attempts, or denial of service attacks.
1. Confidential Information.
The Personal Data that Ticadoc Processes for you as part of the Services is your Confidential Information covered by our privacy commitments stated in the Agreements. We make the additional commitments stated in this DPA as to the Personal Data.
2. Use and Disclosure.
We will not use, disclose, or Process the Personal Data except as permitted by the Agreement or your other written instructions, or as strictly necessary for our internal administrative purposes related to the provision of our Services.
3. Compliance with Applicable Law.
Each party will comply with Applicable Law as it relates to such party’s performance under the Agreement
4. In the event of an actual or suspected Security Event.
In the event of a discovered or suspected Security Event, Ticadoc shall provide notice without undue delay to You using those means established for routine account-related communications (or other such method of notice as agreed between us).
Our notice shall include the following information to the extent it is reasonably available to Ticadoc at the time of the notice, and Ticadoc shall update its notice as additional information becomes reasonably available:
(i) the dates and times of the Security Event;
(ii) the facts that underlie the discovery of the Security Event, or the decision to begin an investigation into a suspected Security Event, as applicable;
(iii) a description of the Personal Data involved in the Security Event, either specifically, or by reference to the data set(s), and (iv) the measures planned or underway to remedy or mitigate the vulnerability giving rise to the Security Event.
We will take those measures available, including measures reasonably requested by you, to address a vulnerability giving rise to a successful Security Event, both to mitigate the harm resulting from the Security Event and to prevent similar occurrences in the future. We will cooperate with your reasonable requests in connection with the investigation and analysis of the Security Event, including a request to use a third-party investigation and forensics service. Ticadoc shall retain all information that could constitute evidence in a legal action arising from the Security Event and shall provide the information to you upon your request. Except to the extent required by law in the written and reasonable opinion of Ticadoc’s legal counsel, or as reasonably required by our investigation of the Security Event or our other contractual obligations, we will not disclose to any third party the existence of a Security Event or suspected Security Event or any related investigation without Your prior written consent.
We will keep reasonable records to evidence our compliance with our obligations under this DPA and shall preserve such records for at least two (2) years from the date of the events reflected therein.
- Ticadoc Pte Ltd (“Ticadoc”) may at its sole discretion at any time substitute or replace the prize to be given away under the promotion with any other goods, services or vouchers of equal or similar value. The prize(s) are not transferable, exchangeable or refundable for cash, credit or any other such items except as Ticadoc may determine at its sole discretion. The prize is the payment of the room rate for one nights accomodation at a Medi-Secure-Safe certified hotel nearest to the winner (at Ticadocs sole discretion) and does not include food & beverages, entertainment, travel or any other incidental charges.
- Ticadoc reserves the right to change the eligibility criteria or promotion mechanics at any time (with or without notice or reason) and/or determine, at its sole discretion, whether anyone should be excluded from participating in this promotion.
- Eligible participants (“Participants”) in the promotion must fully and truthfully complete the Medi-Traveler survey by no later than 2pm Singapore time on 13 April 2018. The winner/s will be announced on Ticadocs social media pages during the week beginning 16 April 2018.
- Participant’s entry in this promotion may be limited or restricted by applicable laws or regulations of the country where the Participant reside. Therefore, Participants are obligated to supply complete, truthful, legible and correct information as requested. Ticadoc reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the Participants and revoke the eligibility of Participants if information submitted is incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or not truthful.
- Unless otherwise stated, costs and expenses relating to the Participant’s participation in the promotion or the collection, delivery or travel to the prize (s) as well as all other auxiliary expenses, taxes and charges related to the Participant’s participation in the promotion shall be borne by the Participant.
- Relevant tax authorities may impose taxes on the prize(s). Participants receiving the prize(s) may also be subject to income reporting requirements. The Participant receiving the prize(s) shall be responsible for any such obligations arising thereof.
- Ticadoc will select a winner/s at its sole discretion.
- If the winning Participant (i) cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by Ticadoc (ii) fails to complete or duly return any paperwork in the form as required by the Ticadoc within seven (7) working days; (iii) refuses to accept the prize(s); (iv) does not agree to allow Ticadoc to use their name and image (including photographs at the Hotel) in social media campaigns showcasing the prize winner; (iv) the prize remains uncollected within two (2) months, it shall be deemed that such a winner has automatically waived all rights to claim for the prize, and Ticadoc may at its sole discretion choose to pick an alternative winner/s.
- To the maximum extent permissible under applicable laws and regulations, Ticadoc shall not have any liability to any Participants or third party, howsoever arising and under any cause of action or theory of liability, in respect of direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profit (whether direct or indirect), loss of data or loss of business opportunity arising out of the promotion or the prize(s). The aggregate liability of Ticadoc arising out of the promotion and prize(s) shall be limited to the total value of the prize.
- By participating in this promotion, the Participant hereby agrees that Ticadoc shall be kept harmless by the Participant and Ticadoc shall not be responsible or liable for any claims, losses, liability, and damages of any kind asserted against any of them, incurred, sustained, or arising in connection with Participant’s participation in this promotion or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize(s) including but not limited to, any injury, death, damage, loss, or accident to person or property, or from the respective Participant’s breach of the terms and conditions of the promotion or infringement of any law, regulation and/or policies.
- By participating in the promotion, the Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees to waive any of its rights, if any, to take legal action against Ticadoc and that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, Ticadoc shall have the right to seek damages or other remedies from the Participant if the Participant attempts to damage any websites related to Ticadoc or undermine the operation of this promotion in any way.
- Ticadoc may, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, with or without notice, vary, modify, delete or add to the promotion terms and conditions, or withdraw or discontinue the promotion, at any time without obligation or liability.
- Ticadocs decision on all matters relating to the promotion and prize(s) shall be final, binding and conclusive, and no appeals and/or correspondences will be entertained.
- By entering into the promotion, the Participant hereby irrevocably consents and affirms that all entries submitted will become the property of Ticadoc. By entering into the promotion, the Participant hereby irrevocably assigns to Ticadoc a perpetual, world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, transmit, modify, translate, distribute, perform and display the entry, in whole or in part and alone or as part of other works in any form, format, media or technology now existing or hereinafter developed, and to sublicense such rights, in whole or in part, to others for marketing purposes so long as the Participant remains anonymous at all times (other than in the event that the Participant is the ‘winner’) and that Ticadoc does not disclose any identifying data (other than in the event that the Participant is the ‘winner’).
- Participants acknowledge that the Hotel at which the Prize is awarded may impose limitations on dates during which the Prize may be redeemed.
- The laws of Singapore shall govern these Terms and Conditions. In the event of disputes (dispute, controversy or policy related matters) arising out of the promotion, the Participant agrees to first refer the matter for mediation. Neither party shall be prevented from referring the matter to local consumer tribunals or arbitration.
- Further information relating to the promotion: firstname.lastname@example.org